Tuesday 15 September 2009

Wiki updated, pdf download works again

As some of you know I am using a wiki to write the rules, and share them for playtesting/feedback.

About 2 months ago, a standard software update caused the collection extension to fail. Why is this important? Because that is the software that lets me create a pdf book from the wiki, enabling off-line access to the rules.

After a long struggle without any result, I decided to bite the bullet. I backed up all data, and did an upgrade of the mediawiki software to 1.1.15, and spent a few hours fiddling with settings. The upshot of this being:

PDF download of the rules from the wiki once again works


Back on track for more playtesting come Saturday. Flyer rules have been written. I plan to write up the 'monsters' segment before then, and perhaps 'undead' as well.

As a side note, I could really do with some suggestions on how to get me some 'overhead' vector drawings of various troop types to make diagrams to help explain the rules. Anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Derk,

    Where can I download a copy of your rules?

    Keep up the good work

    Thanks

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me your email address and I will invite you to the play test yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Derek;

    As per Warren, have been following the playtests and interested in a download copy to playtest.

    Enjoy your work

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Folks if you want me to send a copy I'm going to need your email address. Don't worry I will not publish comments that contain an email address.

    ReplyDelete